IDC projects that the market for Enterprise SSDs will reach $10.7 billion by 2019 with a compound annual growth rate of more than 15%*. Clearly, SSDs have moved into the mainstream. But there are many competitors and hundreds of products to choose from—what are the key evaluating factors to select the right one for you?
I’m excited to be able to share with you our latest white paper, Top Considerations for Enterprise SSDs – A Primer. Here, you will gain a deeper understanding of Enterprise SSDs and learn some simple ways to illustrate:
- Differences in SATA, SAS and PCIe interfaces
- How NVMe is a game-changer for the marketplace
- Why price/GB is a silly metric for any SSD
- How price/performance differs between devices at scale
- Formulas to equalize vendor specified endurance levels
- Coming trends like 3D NAND
- Optimized architectures for error handling and data protection
- Performance measures like IOPS, Throughput, Latency and Quality of Service (QoS)
In addition, several myths in the industry are debunked. For example:
- Multiple SATA SSDs in RAID-0 are not cheaper and faster than a SAS or PCIe drive
- Spec sheets touting the “fastest” SSD is usually irrelevant to real-world workloads at scale
- QoS (metrics rarely revealed) are one of the most practical ways to evaluate latency
Download this comprehensive resource today, and become the voice of authority at your organization on what the key criteria are when investing in Enterprise SSDs.
* IDC Worldwide Solid State Forecast Update, December 2015